Thursday, September 10, 2015

Grace


"Most gracious God, let Thy grace make my soul beautiful. 
                   
                      

"May I open my life to the reception of Thy bounty!

          
2015 Produce



2014 Apple Harvest

"Let me believe in Thine infinite resources, and let me have faith in Thy willingness to bestow them upon me. 

 Let Thy grace be my sufficiency."

J. H. Jowett
The Daily Altar - April 14




This prayer has been tucked in my books for months now - needing much review.  

Some days I can see God's grace and bounty in my life - even if just in the little, "common" ways that I can count and write down.


6,301 - Colorful sunsets
6,302 - Sunshine to sit in again
6,303 - A back wall to our shed
6,304 - Willing drivers
6,305 - Mild-tasting fish
6,306 - Time to rest and be still
6,307 - Counsel from Your Word

Some days that grace just tantalizes from a distance. Pain and disappointment have closed me up again and shut out the grace God is trying to give.

Some days I just struggle to believe that God actually wants to give good gifts anyway.  And least of all to me.  (Don't worry, He graciously finds ways to reach into even those days and gently teach of His true character and love. Maybe more on that another time...)

It even takes His grace for us to have the faith to believe in His willingness, His love, His bounty.

Will we let His grace be enough for us today?



Photos: Hannah, Elsa, and Maren

No comments:

Post a Comment