Thursday, September 17, 2015

Are You Tired?

Technical problem: The date function on my watch is frozen.

This glitch caused me to write "September 15th" several times yesterday.  And what entry should I read in my devotional book this morning?  September 16th, of course! 

I think God must enjoy working through our confusion and little mistakes sometimes.  This was precisely what I needed to read this morning and remember through the day...
  
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).  
"You need to find rest just now.  You are so tired.  Tired of yourself and all your worries, tired of sin, emptiness, uncertainty and anguish.  You are tired of weeping and longing, tired of self-accusations and the inner condemnation which always causes you unrest. "You need to receive rest.  You are laboring with so many things so heavy to bear.  How heavy the burden is no one knows but the one who bears it. "'Come to me,' says Jesus.  In other words, move over to Him.  It is only with Him that you find real rest. "He says, 'come.'  There are no conditions. "He says again, 'come ... all you who ... are heavy laden!'  Come without exception.  It applies also to you. "This is an invitation that is extended today!"
P.S. - I can highly recommend this devotional book, thanks to Sara who introduced me to it.
Quiet Moments on the Way Home by H.E. Wisloff
Originally written in Norwegian, it was translated into English in 1993 and is published by Faith and Fellowship Press, Fergus Falls, MN, USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment