Saturday, May 29, 2021

Sunday in the Garden


After weeks of chilly waiting, it seems as if everything is bursting into blossom at once!


[Side note: Do you remember my post about the significance of this flower's funny name ( at this link ) from June 1, 2016?]



The nature journal comes out often now and helps me notice so many details for the first time in my life! 


Last Sunday I spent the whole, beautiful afternoon outside and got carried away with entries. 

First stop: Lily-of-the-Valley (White Coral Bells).


Fran can never keep her paws off my lawn blanket. But she also needed a nap and so found my bag of supplies to be a good sunshade. 



Next we moved to the perennial garden where Elsa was already sketching the early Iris.


Any guesses what caught my eye in the scene below? (Besides Gull slinking into the shade...) 




Back indoors after dark I tried one more version of this rather rare Double Fernleaf Peony on different watercolor paper.


But before that came some time with the self-seeded Chamomile. When I was done, Elsa harvested the first blossoms for tea.



Oh, and the day also included a pen sketch of the spray of Bleeding Heart we are enjoying in a vase indoors.


So, this is what happens when I don't have a Sunday handwork project going but still need lots of audiobook time. And when we are given the gift of such a glorious day!

"Praise God from Whom all blessings flow"
...Including the blessings of water and paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment