Monday, July 6, 2020

Father's Day 2020

For Father's Day I decided to attempt a watercolor 
of Dad based on a photo I took in Florida when we were 
watching the sun rise over the ocean a few miles away.



Dad helped us all learn principles of photography, 
and especially a greater appreciation of the beauties 
of God's creation, through much-anticipated slideshows 
whenever a batch of film was developed in years past.

Having previously mentioned the new watercolor paper 
that made skies so much more fun to attempt painting, 
I must admit that my next try was a huge flop!



I let that dry and flipped the paper over to try again 
the next day - with a different technique.



A photo can't capture the colors correctly, and my
painting is far from perfect, but I learned more about 
watercolor as I finished this gift for Dad.



Father's Day itself contained the gift of family-time 
as we celebrated two fathers (and a grandfather)!









This little guy is so strong, he was climbing out of 
his dad's arms during our tour of my dad's gardens!





Most meals now contain delicious, homegrown lettuce!

No comments:

Post a Comment