Monday, July 27, 2020

A Brief Visit, and More Nature Journaling

Guess who Frances-the-Cat brought us for a visit.



This poor thing (maybe a robin... anyone know??) 
was nowhere near to flying as it's wing feathers 
were just beginning to push out the ends of their quills.




After the trauma it had been through, the baby was 
only too glad to snuggle into my hand and have it's 
portrait sketched. Then we tried nursing it the rest 
of the day and got to hear it become chatty after a 
while. But by evening it began to have seizures, 
and by morning all the suffering was over. 

I am grateful for the time I had to closely study 
this amazing bit of God's creation which reminded
me of Matthew 10:29-31.



Around that time I also studied a Blue Jay's feather...



... some mushrooms from our lawn...



... and the flowers in pots on our deck and lawn swing.




No comments:

Post a Comment