Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Waiting in Hope

I came to my computer after several days filled with extra stress and strain; my eyes still salty from the rather rare pressure-relief of tears. The causes for strain are still there and will be for at least weeks to come. But God's peace is calming my heart and his love soothing the wounds.

With Mom's hug and prayers still in mind, I just took time to catch up on some Bible memory review on Scripture Typer.  I am repeatedly amazed at how God uses His perfect verses in His perfect timing.

First I reviewed Psalm 40 (my 2015 verses for the year), which begins:
"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit; out of the mud and mire. He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God..."

Then I came to Psalm 33:20-22.
"We wait in hope for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you."

Good reminders. "Thank You, Father!"

No comments:

Post a Comment