Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Gather Up Thy Comforts

Here is another encouraging entry I came across in the little book from Dohnavur.


40  NOT EVEN A CUP OF TEA 
          The son said, My heart is disquieted within me. My soul cleaveth to the dust. Out of the depths have I cried unto Thee, O God. 
          His Father said, In My hand are the deep places of the earth. Is there no blue sky? Have roses forgotten how to blow? Have birds ceased to sing among the branches? Hast thou not the sweetness of the love of a single little child? Hast thou no pleasant food - not even a cup of tea? Have tears been thy meat day and night? 
          Gather up thy comforts, the greatest, the smallest, and thou wilt be surprised that thou hast so many to gather.

What comforts do you have to gather today?

Blue, sunny sky over bright, white snow

No comments:

Post a Comment