Friday, June 7, 2024

Healing is Not Linear.

Fact #1: “Healing is not linear.”

Fact #2: “Your trajectory is more important than your current state.”

I have been glad to know these two facts once again the last couple weeks.

Pushing too hard through many exciting opportunities to “get back to life” led to my slowly refilling the “stress bucket” I have been working on emptying. At a certain point, it began to overflow in old symptoms.

But I am learning to be patient with myself as I slowly figure out how much I can push and exposure-train with returning strength... and how to rest better when I should not push.

It helps me to view this healing journey as a mountain climb. There are many ups and downs through peaceful valleys, steep inclines and rough ravines, but if my trajectory is always toward the peaks I can glimpse in the distance, I know I’m on the right track!

And I could never do this without my Good Shepherd!

~ Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment