Friday, May 10, 2024

Music Therapy

What do the 19th Century Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg and the famous Baroque George F. Handel have in common? They are both a part of my healing journey! 

For years I hardly had strength to sit at the piano, let alone get eyes to focus and brain to signal fingers with any accuracy and speed. Getting back to the piano has been very off and on these latter years. It still takes a lot of strength that is often needed elsewhere instead.

But when I do give the time and strength, the harmonies welling out of my 100+ year old 7-foot Baldwin are a balm to my whole being! (Especially the bass notes which don't seem affected by the cracked and patched sound board.)

What activity do you find healing that is worth the extra effort some days?

~ Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment