Monday, July 12, 2021

Delphiniums

Pencil and ink were all I could handle for yesterday's Sunday Sketchout, but that completed my page of the amazing Delphiniums from our garden.


The plant was at least 6 feet tall this year before rain broke most of the spikes for us to then enjoy indoors.

I was particularly amazed by the unusual patterns of the leaf veins!

I know many people don't like to get into such tiny details in their nature journals, and that's fine. I don't always either. But I'm not going for quantity at this point in my life.

Rather, on the days where my chronic symptoms are getting too loud, I can find such therapy in looking closely at a bit of God's intricate creation and trying to copy some of what I notice. All the little wrinkles, folds, and subtle but complex colors make me happy and distract my brain from the pain as long as I can focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment