Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Lotus Buds


Another free audiobook is ready to enjoy (here)! I only helped with a few chapters in this group project, but having read the e-book a few years ago, I remember how delightful the work was as a whole. 

I have quoted Amy Carmichael on my blog many times. To learn much more about her life and years of ministry in India, I would recommend Elisabeth Elliot's biography titled, A Chance to Die

But this little book is focused on the many children Amy rescued and raised - her little "Lotus Buds." As she writes to begin:
"The book has been written for lovers of children. Those who find such young life tiresome will find the story dull, and the kindest thing it can ask of them is not to read it at all."
Besides the samples of daily life and examples of quirky personalities sketched by Amy's skillful pen, the e-book (available for free here) contains dozens of beautiful photographs.





No comments:

Post a Comment