Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Learning to do Without

153 THOU SHALT LEARN TO DO WITHOUT

The son answered his Father, saying, The Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping, I am well pleased that the Lord hath heard the voice of my prayer. Right dear in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints. Thou Thyself hast led him over death to the Singing Land. And I know that there is a joy of birds in that land, and as for those who dwell there, joy shall take possession of them, and on their head shall be praise and exultation. Therefore I will offer to Thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving. Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting.

And now, said his Father tenderly, thou shalt learn the lesson set to the weaned child. Thou shalt learn to do without.

"His thoughts said... His Father said..." by Amy Carmichael 


Our last Sunday with Aunt Dorothy,
whose name aptly means "Gift of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment