Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Hypothyroidism and "Hope in His Steadfast Love"

A few weeks ago I was hiking through deep snow. Then at the end of April I enjoyed the walk in this YouTube Short.

But now it is once again hard to walk as far as the garden, so I am grateful to remember a couple of sitting exercises we learned from a PT back when Aunt Dorothy broke her neck and spent a couple months in a halo. Learn them in my newest Short: 2 Simple Ways to Get Moving! [even if stuck at a computer or couch-bound]

There were years where I couldn't even manage this much exercise. So I can be grateful for this ability even though I recently found out my current form of thyroid medication hasn't been absorbing for a couple months. And since I don't have a thyroid, [see part of that story in this post] it may take a while to get back to my normal.

As my body and brain struggle through the slough of deep hypothyroidism once again, it is a good time to remember that "[God's] delight is not in the strength of the horse, nor his pleasure in the legs of a man, but the LORD takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love." (Psalm 147:10-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment