Saturday, June 20, 2020

International Nature Journaling Week 2020 - Days 2 & 3

Day 2: Animals

One-year-old Frances wouldn't lay still 
long enough for me to catch her outline, 
but a photo helped me finish the sketch.



That evening the many shades of green 
in the pagoda-dogwood flowerbed had 
me playing with watercolors.



 



Day 3: Fungi



On this page I wrote:
This project for Day 3 of the "International 
Nature Journaling Week" never got to a 
point of enjoyment or accomplishment. 
It was extremely difficult and the end 
product unsatisfactory, but I realized I 
have never before had reason to stare 
at the intricate creation of a fungus for 
an hour before, and that was eye-opening. 
It felt like I was viewing a mountainous 
landscape from on high.


No comments:

Post a Comment