Tuesday, June 2, 2020

History Studies

Over a year ago I wrote about a big book I was reading in my sauna-treatment hours. With that reading completed months ago, I am on to one that may be even thicker.


For years I have thought about pulling out my high-school history books again since biographies and other books often spark questions about their times in history. Better yet, I decided to buy a new set of high-school history curriculum to enjoy. (Once a homeschooler, always a homeschooler... at least for my family and me!)


This American history - beginning with a quick overview from ancient history through the European discovery of the Americas - has much for me to add to my "Book of the Centuries." We didn't use those timelines much back in our school days, but here are a few highlights already in my binder.














Some may find history dry and boring, but I find it both interesting and encouraging. Even the books of Deuteronomy and Chronicles. When we can see how God has worked through faulty people and trying times in the past, we can trust Him better for the present.

"For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."
Romans 15:4

No comments:

Post a Comment