Thursday, June 27, 2019

Music (and Marvel) in a Rest

When carrying a load of laundry out to the sunny clothesline, what should I spy but a dragonfly peering down at me?! Before disturbing its rest, I went back to the house for a camera. 




"There is no music in a rest, but there is the making of music in it.  Our life's melody is broken off here and there by 'rests,' and we foolishly think we have come to the end of the tune. God writes the music of our lives, and the rests are not to be slurred over, lest we destroy the melody. If we say to ourselves, 'There is no music in a rest,' let us not forget that music can never be complete without the rests."
- Author Unknown



A closer view made me laugh at the grotesque face even as I stopped to marvel at this sample of our Creator's handiwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment