Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Reading with a Pencil

One small sentence opened up a whole paragraph for me this morning. And all because I read my Bible with a pencil handy. 

Do you have a Journaling Bible or keep a notebook nearby when reading? I find it so helpful to jot down or underline something each day. That simple action can help wake up my brain when feeling dull.

▪︎ If it sparks more connections, that is exciting! 

▪︎ If it simply gives me an extra minute of focus on the truth and something to look back on through the day, it is a blessing. 

▪︎ And for the years when chronic illness took away most reading comprehension, simply listening to an audio Bible would wash my weary heart with truth.

How do you read and study the Bible in your current season of life? 

~ Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment