Friday, March 5, 2021

Old Projects to Complete

Mom's sorting of the cedar closet unearthed an unfinished project I didn't remember having seen before. 


My paternal Grandma had pieced a stack of squares from polyester scraps left from clothing my aunt. The project somehow ended up with me now, so I trimmed the squares to size last summer and made one more block. But when extra polyester was found in the sorting of more fabric in our basement, I decided to add one more row to make a comfortable lap-quilt. That step is still waiting, as are blanket-stitching and assembling. 





Another long-time inmate of the cedar closet was my third hooked-rug. (Have I mentioned that we were first introduced to hooked rugs on our Canadian Maritime Province camping trip years ago? That was only one of the novel charms of the Cabot Trail.)



This winter was warmed by several more days of pulling colorful loops of wool strips through burlap. All that remains is to bind the edges.




No comments:

Post a Comment