Friday, October 9, 2020

A Joyful Graduation

This has been a novel week. I explored two little city parks I'd never heard of before... all in one day!


This riverside park had the best autumn scents along its winding paths.


While the huge, old linden trees had me looking up and up, many smaller plants called for attention at my feet.


Dad was my only exploring buddy this time. He has been my faithful driver to doctor's appointments farther than half an hour from home for many years now.



Since this day held an appointment first thing in the morning and another mid-afternoon, we had time to spend beyond the usual errands.


This park was such a restful gift on a weary day! And the view from my blanket on the grass...


After lunch and errands, there was still time for another park.





Even the doctor's office sported fall colors.


But no part of the day brought bigger smiles than when I rode the elevator back downstairs and walked out of the clinic after five years of post-thyroid-cancer follow-up... with no more appointments scheduled! The doctor said I have graduated!



"Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!"

For more of the story, see these posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment