Saturday, September 26, 2020

A Cup of Tea



"You can't get a cup of tea large enough
or a book long enough to suit me."

· C.S. Lewis
__________

This tea-cup which holds more than a pint of tea
is keeping me company as I try to work through 
some piled-up computer tasks. And when away 
from the computer, a book (27 hours of audio!) 
is keeping Elsa and me company during long
hours and days of extra chronic pain and fatigue.

We love autumn! But it doesn't do us well these
years. It is sad to have to seal up the house as 
harvest dusts and molds and wildfire smoke make 
our pain and inflammation skyrocket. 

Oh, for a breath of fresh, clean air again!
But, as C.S. Lewis also said:

"It must be good for my soul when there are things 
I really like for dinner and I mustn't have them!"

I can echo that regarding food allergies (which also
get worse as the body is fighting harder at this 
season), and I can pray it becomes true regarding 
all involved in this season of extra suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment