Monday, August 10, 2020

New Nature Journal

An exciting order came from Europe last week - 
blank journals filled with watercolor paper. 
Elsa and I have been nature journaling on 
mixed media paper, which doesn't handle watercolors very well, so it was great to find 
some reasonably priced spiral bound pads 
of higher quality paper.



My first page was inspired by the novel view of 
buckwheat field. I don't know if there are any 
in our county, but there are several about an 
hour east. Dad pulled over when I asked to see 
one up close.






The second page gave a pleasant afternoon spent on our front steps.


The 5 foot tall, 6 foot across 'Great Star' 
hydrangea by our garage caught my eye.


And when looking around for more to fill my 
page, I (maybe foolishly) attempted some 
of our rock collection displayed among the 
flower pots.



As always, I love the time spent learning more 
about the intricate varieties of God's creation... 
things I never would have taken time to notice before!

No comments:

Post a Comment