Friday, September 27, 2019

Baby Showers

In a year where we personally know more than twenty new babies on the way - seven of whom are among my maternal cousins (and four of those for first-time parents in their upper 30's), I have my work cut out making gifts!


How special to meet each new cousin - two of whom were named after our grandma Alice!


This Alice first discovered the joy of stuffed animals with my amigurumi polar bear.


Even more special is watching my own niece or nephew grow and kick - though Maren needs more naps in consequence!


When a friend made her every-other-year visit from the east coast, we had a little, early baby shower at the lake. Elsa gave some of her wooden baby hangers sheathed in wool crochet, and I gave a tiny pair of Scandinavian wool mittens made even before Maren and Jason were married!


Time for a rare family photo when we have a photographer on hand!


No comments:

Post a Comment