Friday, May 31, 2019

My Father's World, II - A Peek at the Lake

On our way home from the graduation party for a cousin-once-removed, we swung by the lake for our first glimpse of the year. What a glorious view it presented under the setting sun!


In the few minutes that we stood on the shore, the sound of raindrops on smooth lake waters swept in - driving us under the shelter of the venerable evergreen in front of the cottage. There is nothing quite like the beauty of rain drops dancing on the surface of a lake with the sun shining through each one.


"This is my Father's world,
The birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white,
Declare their Maker's praise.

This is my Father's world:
He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
He speaks to me everywhere."

Maltie D. Babcock, 1901

No comments:

Post a Comment