Saturday, February 9, 2019

Winter Handwork

Nordic mitten pairs #83 and #1

Pair #1 was in need of a wash after keeping me warm while playing in the snow!

Trying a new doily pattern as a Sunday project

A swatch of my new kofte pattern made 
(and already dismantled) from the Norwegian wool yarn...

...which arrived from England with one ball missing 
after the package broke open in transit!

Learning to darn: first a pair of socks and mittens from my Grandma's house,
then my own wool socks from the store


My yak poncho surrounds me with warmth in these weeks of sub-zero temperatures.

A new realm of handwork opened to Elsa and me last summer when we were put in touch with a small, family-owned company that produces lovely yarn from silky, warm yak down.

Reywa FibersReywa means “hope” in Tibetan. 
"We exist to be a catalyst for hope and opportunity in Tibetan communities."


This "Colors of Reywa" cowl sample is now on display in a yarn shop where the patterns are free with purchase, and new projects are on their way for Elsa and me to tackle. We are loving the challenges of helping edit patterns, design new ones, and knit up samples - especially as it helps our new friends touch the lives of precious people in the mountains of Asia... people whom God loves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment