Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Looking Beyond and Higher

The sun is setting earlier and earlier - even before the recent jolt of changing from Daylight Savings to Standard Time again. 

While washing dishes one evening I suddenly looked up and was flooded with the joy of a prairie sunset. I had been focused so near at hand - on my world of dirty dishes and warm water. But when I looked beyond the window, I was blessed with a better perspective. 


One morning last month I woke up to the usual pain and fatigue. My focus was first on the table full of morning pills and treatments near my head. Then I found myself looking out the window at the drab and dead autumn lawn and garden. I don't know how long it look me to look higher, but when I eventually did, I was stunned by the brilliant glow of yellow leaves against blue sky!


I'll let you make the application in your own life - physically and spiritually.
Let's keep looking beyond and looking higher!


"Can I who made the green of spring not do that for autumn? for thy vanished green, for thy vanished flowers, give gold?" 
from Amy Carmichael's Rose from Brier

No comments:

Post a Comment