Saturday, March 11, 2023

A Note from Amy Carmichael (& picture from home)



I am shut up, and I cannot come forth. (Psalm 88:8)
Rejoice the soul of Thy servant. (Psalm 86:4)

"Very few of you are shut up. For those few who are, these words will be, I think, a great help. The way of joy is the way of release for our spirit, even though the flesh (which is the least part of us) cannot come forth.

"But I write the words for you today because I think perhaps some are shut up in another way: some difficult thing has to be done, and you do not feel you can do it; you are shut up in discouragement, and you think you cannot come forth. Thank God, you can. There is liberty and victory for you. Look up to Him whose joy is your strength. Pray this prayer: 'Rejoice the soul of Thy servant.' For you too the way of joy is the way of release."

~ Amy Carmichael in Edges of His Ways - March 11







No comments:

Post a Comment