Friday, February 10, 2023

Mid-Winter Life


It seems that overall, I have strayed from my original purpose for this blog, which was to help us recognize God's good gifts and the beauty in daily life. I am not sorry for some of the other themes that have crept in. But I do hope to revisit this original vision more often in 2023.


In winter particularly, I find myself looking for life and color around me. So after the Christmas decorations came down and left the house bare, my orchids and last summer's dipladenia began to fill the gap.


This is also a fun time of year to pull out the bright balsa birds we brought back from the edge of the Ecuadorian jungle in 2006!


Plus a few summered-over amaryllis are on their way to bring us joy again.



What life and color is bringing you joy this winter? Feel free to share in a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment