Friday, January 6, 2023

Reading Log

Do you keep a list of what books you've read? Here are some reasons I do:

- Makes a good list from which to recommend books to others

- A place to rate how good [or bad] books are

- Easy resource for choosing a book to re-read

- Provides an overview to gauge your mental diet and what should be added or cut back

- Brings back memories years later

- The yearly totals are fun to track!

In 2021 I read a total of 99 books, 40 of which were new to me.

In 2022 I read only 82 books, but more than half (48) were first-time reads.

The only way I can read this much in a year is by enjoying audiobooks while knitting 43 pairs of mittens, cleaning, washing dishes, doing laundry, etc.

And if these numbers still look high, realize that several are little books for kids and a bunch more were written for youth - such as the YWAM biographies which are 5-6 hour audiobooks. Besides enjoying literature for the young myself, I am always on the lookout for good books to recommend to families.

No matter how many or few books you read this year, try writing down and rating each one!

No comments:

Post a Comment