Thursday, October 29, 2020

Autumn Leaves

 Our autumn leaves have been buried under snow for about two weeks now, but back in September when they were just beginning to fall, my nephew came for a visit!


After the cat ran away from such enthusiam, we played with leaves in an attempt to forget that mommy was out of sight picking the last tomatoes.


When our tired little guy was on his way back home in the evening, I pulled out my nature notebook and took a closer look at that twig full of leaves. (The cover of my journal now sports a sticker from Grace of Across Fields Studio, who struggles with even more daily disabilities than Elsa and me. She is inspiring as she focuses on the truth amid the pain!)


The leaves and twig were beautiful little subjects to focus on for an evening.



When October arrived with that "graduation day" punctuated by park explorations, I picked up a few more leaves to study.





Have you learned anything new about your everyday surroundings lately?!

No comments:

Post a Comment