Saturday, March 31, 2018

Why I Am Deleting Facebook and Messenger

I am posting the following on my Facebook account.

"Dear Friends: Sadly, I will soon have to close this account as I have clear grounds to distrust Facebook. I will miss being a part of your lives in this way!  But yesterday this company started censoring and deleting my personal messages due to my beliefs based on God’s Word. I can no longer send private messages that include a link to sign a petition to like-minded friends.

Does anyone else find it disturbing that your private messages may be watched and liable to censorship based on someone else's worldview? Those who would call me abusive or intolerant are themselves displaying invasive examples of such behavior."


The above photo is a screenshot of Facebook Messenger's reason for no longer allowing me to write and send messages as I wish. The story is long, but it involved a progression of some similar messages going through normally, some only partially delivered, instances where that message and link alone were deleted from a series of others that remained (even when I tested it by sending other links in the same thread before and after within a minute, and only the one was deleted), some messages appearing to send but the entire threads with their history of communication being thereafter deleted (and not by sender or receiver), some attempts getting immediately blocked, and finally this response to another try a day later.

1 comment:

  1. it is a time of the utter depravity of the age that obscenity and vulgarity are condoned, but godly speech is banned. it is better for you to not be part of the mass on that unholy nook!

    ReplyDelete