Friday, December 2, 2016

Loving and Losing

I am grateful for grandparents and great-grandparents who valued life and clung to God for grace and comfort as they cared for, and lost, children with special needs.


An aunt I never met would have turned 68 today. But being born with "water on the brain" in an era before that could be treated, Dad's older sister, Mary Ellen, only lived months.


How amazing to find see my aunt's tiny footprints on her birth certificate all these years later. I don't have a photo of her on hand. There was only one found when going through family photos with Grandma some years ago.

On Mom's side of the family, my grandpa lost several siblings in childhood. One of them lived a few precious years with her older brother and sister.


Down's Syndrome added much loveable joy to little Valborg's short life.


At 100 years old, Grandpa still remembers how very hard it was for his family to lose each dear child.



No comments:

Post a Comment