Monday, June 20, 2016

First Garden Bouquet - 2016

A storm was rolling in with the potential of strong winds and hail. So I stuck flowerpots under tables and chairs as well as into the porch and garage.


Pots of succulents and flowers hiding under the deck table

Then my steps followed my gaze to the garden. There is something about pre-storm lighting on the prairie that makes grass and flowers glow so richly. And the deep blue clouds thundering as they roll in add beauty and drama to the scene. Time slows down as we wait and watch and wonder. 

It had been a while since I had spared enough steps and energy from my daily routines to walk as far as the garden. Hence, many flowers surprised me with their vibrant blooms. A few just "jumped" into my hands and are still brightening our bathroom counter nearly a week later.






No comments:

Post a Comment