Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Not Worthless

Linnea-the-Orchid is thriving! "She" has graced different rooms over the past couple months and is still sharing beautiful blooms.



Meanwhile, Mrs. H.-the-Orchid is barely surviving. 


It is hard to believe that this was once a thriving plant, nearly as big as Linnea. This was the founder of my orchid collection - given to me as a gift in 2004. Yes, by Mrs. H. ;-) And what's more... this was the mother-plant from which Linnea grew as a keiki (baby) years ago.


This plant hasn't bloomed in years.  Its roots and leaves have shriveled and dried up. Once it tried sending out a couple new leaves and then gave up again. There it sits. In a coma.

Many would call this a worthless plant and throw it out, but I don't. This plant is special to me. I want to see it grow and bloom again! I plan to keep tending it, propping it up, and giving it extra care and protection.

If that is how I can feel about a plant that is crippled and hopeless, how does God view me in these "useless," shriveled years of illness and disability, I wonder? How does He feel about you? 

You are special to Him, you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment