Thursday, July 6, 2023

Celebrations!

These have been weeks of celebrations!





Through Father's Day, birthday, graduation, and Independence Day... FAMILY has been the common thread.







One thing nearly a decade of chronic illness has taught me is that FOOD is not as important to a celebration as we usually think. When all the traditional foods are stripped away by food sensitivities, there is still FAMILY!



Though my sister and I have not been able to eat many of the foods our family is enjoying in these pics, we have learned to be creative to replace a few of the traditions. But even that was unavailable when I celebrated Independence Day with little bits of the most bland foods to try get digestion back on track after a short flu. I was just grateful to recover in time to spend the day with extended family!



But even when family is not available, the AUTHOR of the family and of life itself is always with His children.

"All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies." • Psalm 25:10

That love brings meaning to all our celebrations!

"But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress." • Psalm 59:16

"Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you." • Psalm 63:3

What celebrations have you enjoyed lately?!




No comments:

Post a Comment