Monday, January 20, 2020

Do We Store Away Jesus Too?

The past few days brought back yearly jobs of taking down and packing away Christmas decorations that had lit up our home and helped us celebrate the birth of our Saviour once again. I couldn't help but remember the lyrics of a song I grew up hearing on cassette tape.


He braced that old ladder with all of His might
And shouted, "Dad have no fear"
As I stretched high to store the stockings and trim
in the attic for another year.
We were busily packing our Christmas away
While singing a carol we knew
When I heard my son in innocence inquire
"Do we store away Jesus too?"


I smiled at my boy as again I explained
God's longing to reconcile
How He gave to the world the gift of new life
When His yearning became Mary's child
Though surrounded by all of man's goods we embrace
The hope of that Bethlehem night
We will never store this blessed gift away
With the tinsel and colored lights

All year long
We must worship day by day
All year long
Tis the season to obey
May the Christmas tree lights
And the sleigh ride at night
Remind us all to stay in God's presence
All year long


Written by Larnelle Harris, Dave Clark and Nick Robertson, sung by Larnelle Harris
Lyrics from eLyrics.net

No comments:

Post a Comment