Thursday, July 11, 2019

Young Americans!

Independence Day was so full of good visits with some of the 125 relatives who gathered at the lake that I didn't take a single picture. But the following will be more meaningful for those of you who don't know my family anyway!


"Young Americans! as you grow up to manhood, and enjoy the great blessing of freedom from all unjust and oppressive laws of man, beware of wishing to be free from the just and righteous laws of your Creator, lest you bring upon yourselves as a nation, the displeasure of him whose 'kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,' and whose 'dominion endureth throughout all generations.' To those who will not obey him, he has said, 'I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my word, nor to my law, but have rejected it.'

While you are exercising what you call liberty of conscience, remember the assurance of him who 'taught as one having authority:' 'If ye continue in my word ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free; verily, verily, I say unto you, whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.' If Christ 'shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.'"


Life of Washington by Anna C. Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment