Monday, May 28, 2018

Children's Month

Since having to severely prune my teaching studio at lowest strength four years ago, I have experienced a famine of children. My current piano students are each a delight, but none are very young anymore. Some are even shooting taller than me!



I do miss young children. Even during my linguistics studies at the Summer Institute of Linguistics (SIL-UND), it was a joy to have whole families living in my dorm and little voices calling out for me to join them in the cafeteria.

So it was a gift to have a couple visits from young ones this month.


 My cousin's wife brought her two youngest over to explore a geographical feature near us, the shore line of a gigantic post-ice-age lake.

Much sand is deposited in this area, and fossils are occasionally found in the fields. Just imagine instead of our prairie view - water as far as the eye could reach!

I am speaking of an ice-age as described HERE which followed the flood survived by Noah and his family.

Later in the month, our neighbors came to help use our abundant asparagus crop. 

Besides tasting asparagus, this little explorer ate some green onion and even wanted to try out lilacs for lunch.


           

Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”

Luke 18:15-17 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment