Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Don't Wait Till You Break Your Neck!


After four years of illness and treatments, Elsa and I are still sharing the couch off and on throughout the day. And we are still learning what Joni Tada testifies to so beautifully:


"And somewhere in the ensuing years, I discovered that the weakness of those claustrophobic hours was the key to God's peace and power. My enforced stillness was God's way of conforming the inside to what had happened on the outside.


"Now, many years later, my bed is an altar of praise. It's the one spot on this harried planet where I always meet God in relaxed stillness. In fact, as soon as I wheel into my bedroom and see the bed covers pulled back my mind immediately responds, It's time to be still and know more about God. It's time to pray.


"It can be the same for you. When you find yourself in forced stillness--waiting in line, sitting by a hospital bed, or stuck in traffic--instead of fidgeting and fuming, use such moments to practice stillness before God.


"It's a crazy world and life speeds by at a blur, yet God is right in the middle of the craziness. And anywhere, at anytime, we may turn to Him, hear His voice, feel His hand, and catch the fragrance of heaven.


"You can be still and know that He is God. And you don't have to break your neck to find out."


Joni Eareckson Tada, 
from Holiness in Hidden Places


I may be tall... but not THAT tall! This is one way Elsa and I share the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment