Saturday, January 20, 2018

A Creative Break

After pushing for weeks to help Elsa restock pillows (shipped as far New Zealand!), finish a dozen pair of special-ordered mittens in time for Christmas, and try some new color/pattern combinations to eventually be photographed for the shop...




... I was ready for a creative break. 
Not that I could last more than a week without any knitting. 
But now it was time to try something new... for fun!


Just off my needles and awaiting blocking to help the lace design "pop" is a scarf for myself. The Quince & Co. pattern, called Everly, was such a joy to knit! And with a gift card from Christmas, I got to try a wool/silk fingering weight yarn: "Tern" in Barnacle.

Another new knitting project that is giving room for creativity is making Christmas gifts for next year. They must be kept a surprise, so... no photos! Also on my needles is a long, slow project I can pick up at any time. This wool scarf is a scrap-quilt version of using up yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment