Monday, July 3, 2017

Some Birthdays

We have celebrated several birthdays already this year. And while I don't have pictures from them all, here are some.

Grandpa turned 101! It's not easy living in that old of a body, but he still has some very clear days where he can visit and enjoy music and learning new things.


On the same day, Dorothy turned 58! She slept through most of the day but enjoyed her ice-cream and balloon.


I turned 34. Thirty-three was such a nice sounding number that I was a bit sad to leave it behind. But when Mom reminded me how for a whole year I proudly signed my name "Hannah 4," that makes this number fun as well! 


We had two parties; one on my birthday with just those of us at home.


I had the joy of making a cake with egg again, since I have been able to reintroduce that to my diet in small amounts!



The second party was when Maren and Jason could join us. May is not a good month for them to leave the greenhouses alone, nor do they have energy to spare. It was special to have them here!


This cake I made for Elsa. Without the eggs, chocolate, or GF grains of mine.


As a party activity we enjoyed pouring over maps sent us by a friend who had traveled to the Maritime provinces of Canada. It's hard to remember just where we explored on our own camping trip there in 1996.


Recently Dad turned 66! All the more special to celebrate because it so nearly was-not.


Elsa and I ate cake left over from my birthday. Dad requested a lemon filled cake.


What could Maren and Jason have wrapped in those long and flat packages??!


Kites! Dad tried one out a couple days later.




No comments:

Post a Comment