Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Birthday Flowers

On the way home from doctoring, we make a couple stops for specialty groceries in the city. At Trader Joe's we stock up on rice drink for several months at a time - often clearing their inventory for the day.

This time, I also had the surprise of being instructed to pick out two new orchids as early birthday gifts! We had to be creative to pack them safely for the next several hours' ride home.


For fun, I tried an Oncidium ordhid (above) -- a variety I have never grown before. No wonder, since I discover in my research that it is a rather difficult kind to keep alive out of its native habitat. The stress of the move is already showing, but this will be a learning experience anyway.


And for the second gift, I picked one of my familiar phalaenopsis -- one of the easiest kinds to grow. This special, warm color adds new life my collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment