Thursday, September 29, 2016

At the Lake: August

Though we did not stay overnight at the lake in August, my family did make it out for parts of several days. 


The water was lovely, the sun-therapy powerful
... the sun-burns warm for days. :-)

One afternoon, the oncoming rumble of huge thunderheads drove us in from the lake to the cottage, but I had to keep pushing my way out into the wind for periodic breaths of the powerful storm air. 




I had not felt so strong and well for months... or probably years! Was it the preceding time in the anti-inflammatory sunshine or something about the air pressure in the head of the storm??



Though short-lived, I enjoyed that hour of strength to the full. And I enjoyed watching and feeling the storm roll in with its changing lights and shadows, its churning waters and growing waves, and the far shore being blotted out by the rain and hail that finally swept me indoors.


  


After the storm passed, we had a lovely evening getting out on the calm lake for our first canoeing in several years. Such a gift!




Thank you, LORD, for all these gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment