Saturday, February 27, 2016

A Special Harmony

My turn came again to share "special music" at church. Since I was already playing the piano those weeks - taking my turn at prelude, offertory, accompanying, and postlude - I wanted to share something different.


As I lay in bed one night praying about what to do, a fragment of harmony came to mind; a harmony that I had only heard on one instrument. In fact it was a harmony that I had stumbled upon more than a dozen years ago as I was playing around with a toy lap-hard I picked up at a market in Russia.


And since this harmony went along with the hymn "Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us," I knew that was what I wanted to share at church. Especially since our church is in the middle of changes and searching for a new full-time pastor. We so badly need our Shepherd's leading and "tender care."

No comments:

Post a Comment