Saturday, January 9, 2016

Is There Any Good?!

With all that is going on in the world, this verse caught my attention recently:

Psalm 4:6
"Many are asking, 'Who can show us any good?'


"Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD."

What was shining on me at the moment I read that? A "little" light that God created - called the "sun."  Certainly no where near being the biggest star and not even comparable to the light of God's face.  But a sweet and fitting gift nonetheless on these cold, often grey days.


And because of the all-powerful, never-changing Source of God's Light, we can go on with the Psalmist to say:

"You have filled my heart with greater joy...
I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD, 
make me dwell in safety."
Psalm 4:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment